One day at a time

It’s been a crazy ride the past couple of weeks. I have had a very bad flare up of Fibromyalgia, the pain has been unbearable at times, but somehow I have persisted without going to the doctor and begging for some heavier painkillers again. I am getting just enough sleep not to be going crazy, but sleep is not restful. I resist going to sleep during the day, but I have collapsed into bed during the day a few times in the last week.

Aside from that, our house is very definitely sold now, and we will be moving in the next week or 2. The actual date for settlement is not confirmed, but should be tomorrow. It was initially supposed to be the 12th of November, but then was extended to the 19th, as the bank was dithering about giving the buyers finance, but now it’s been approved, the sale is pretty much guaranteed, and the buyers are keen to get in here, as much as we are to get out. So tomorrow, they finalise the paperwork, and hopefully it is sooner rather than later that we settle and we get out of here.

We have now got removalists coming to take our belongings to the new place, as we unpacked the shipping container and sold it weeks ago, it will cost slightly more, but at least we won’t have to load and unload it all, it’s already packed, so we will just have to unpack at the other end after they bring all the stuff inside for us.

In the past few days, I have managed to change all the wheel studs on the trailer I will be towing with some of our stuff up to the new place. It is over 3000km, so I wanted to make sure I did all I could  before we left to reduce any possible issues. I also greased and tightened the wheel bearings, replaced the front bolts on the suspension, and greased up the slippers. The trailer is all in tip top condition now.

I also thoroughly cleaned the inside of the car, it took all day, I blew out every nook and cranny with the air compressor and vacuumed it to within an inch of it’s life, I even lay on my back and cleaned the hood lining. It is like new again inside. Even my seat belts run freely back into the spool now after I cleaned the gunk off the runners on the pillar of the car. In the next few days, I will get the oil changed and do a check over of everything under the bonnet.

Today was spent giving the verandahs and decks around the house one last oil. They are gleaming, and when the new folks move in, it will make it just that much nicer now they are done.

Tomorrow is another day, I will probably try and get some rest, but also plan on consolidating everything in the room, trying to get it all ready to pack into the car and the removalists truck. It’s pretty sparse, so shouldn’t be too much work.

Anyhow, there is lots going on, lots to do, and to be frank, my mind is a little overloaded, so I have a list, and am working through it as I can, as if I didn’t do that, I just would be able to cope.

I should be off to bed, it’s nearly dark now, and I really am tired.




Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s